L4 Internal Quality Assurance
Internal quality assurance is a great progression for an assessor looking for development. You will be protecting learners by ensuring that assessors are running assessments correctly, within your chosen discipline. This course is also ideal for employers who would like members of staff to become the go-to for quality assurance, assessment procedures and general legal and best practice requirements.
This course will give you the necessary skills to ensure best practice in the preparation and running of assessments.
The Award is suitable for those seeking to become an internal quality assurer (IQA) directly involved in the internal quality assurance of assessors and assessment practice. For this reason they must have access to assessors and therefore learners who are currently assessing in an area of their own expertise. On successful completion they will be an occupationally competent internal quality assurer.
Typical topics you will cover include:
- Context and principles of internal quality assurance and how to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- How to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- How to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment