Safeguarding and Prevent training
The Safeguarding and Prevent training course is suitable for anyone whose job role involves frequent or regular work with children, vulnerable adults and anyone at risk of radicalisation of any form. This includes staff as well as associates and leaners at all levels, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time staff or students.
Delegates will come away from this course with the necessary understanding of current practices and laws to ensure that they implement industry standard protection policies and procedures. We will make certain that the course is delivered in line with the latest legislation and tailor it where possible to your associated client groups.
The benefits of this qualification:
- Delegates will have a clear understanding of why safeguarding is important in all walks of life
- Sends a clear message to staff and clients regarding the culture and ethos of your organisation
- Gives peace of mind that staff are working within the law and adhering to legislation
Topics you will typically cover include:
- What is Safeguarding?
- What makes anyone vulnerable?
- Different types of abuse and recognising the signs and symptoms
- How to deal with challenging situations
- Current legislation and guidelines.
- Record-keeping and reporting issues effectively
- Signs and behaviour patterns associated with radicalisation
- Prevent strategy, the law and “Channel”